COVID-19 Updates

Update: 17 August 2021


Current restrictions for Melbourne

Please read the following and ensure that you comply with current requirements.

Victoria’s lockdown has been extended.

These restrictions are now in place until 11:59pm on Thursday 2nd September 2021 and a curfew imposed from 9pm to 5am every night from today 16th August 2021.

This extension will mean that there will be no practical classes up to and including Thursday 2nd September. Instead, all classes will be held online through MS Teams.

Unless there are further changes to restrictions, practical classes will resume from Friday 3rd September.

104 Franklin St will not be open during this time for Certificate or Kit collection.

The only 5 reasons those in Greater Melbourne can leave home are:

  • shopping for necessary goods and services,
  • authorised work or permitted education, (in regards to permitted education we do not meet the criteria for this and must close the classes)
  • exercise, a 2-hour limit with one other person,
  • care giving, compassionate, and medical reasons
  • to get vaccinated.

Please also continue to monitor the DHHS website for the list of Exposure Sites.

If you have visited any of these sites during the listed exposure periods, or are showing any COVID or cold and flu type symptoms GET TESTED STRAIGHT AWAY.

If you test positive for COVID-19, please notify your trainer or Student Services as soon as possible.


Certificates and student kits

  • Due to current lockdown restrictions in Greater Melbourne, the 104 Franklin Street office is currently closed for Certificate and Student Kit pickups
  • During this time, a scanned copy of your certificate can be provided


Support Services

Free Counselling services

  • AccessEAP and ATMC are pleased to offer a free, confidential Student Assistance Program to ATMC VET and Baxter Institute students – available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

 How to access the Student Assistance Program

  • To book a counselling appointment, you simply need to call 1800 959 192 and the AccessEAP team will arrange for you to speak with an experienced, professional counsellor face-to-face, over the phone, or online (via video, email or AccessChat).
  • Non-urgent counselling appointments can be booked anytime between 8am-6pm Monday-Friday however, 24/7 emergency telephone support is always available
  • You can find more information about your Student Assistance Program by visiting or by downloading the free AccessMyEAP app from Google Play or the Apple Store

Please reach out to us at any time if you need more information via the Ticketing System.

We understand this is a challenging time for everyone and appreciate your support.

We will keep you updated as this situation evolves and changes.


Financial Support

We are here to work with you if you have financial difficulties. Do not hesitate to phone us on (03) 9650 0367 or email us at You can also raise a ticket on the Baxter and ATMC websites:

Choose the finance ticket and select the help topic payment extension request, the finance team and student support team will respond to your help request as soon as they are able.


Further Information for International Students

Visa status:

Visa holders in Australia are advised to apply for a new visa or a bridging visa if their current visa is nearing its expiry. They can apply for a waiver of ‘No further stay’ conditions if they fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria.

You are not alone, your trainers and the admin staff are here for you to talk with if you are experiencing any financial difficulties or stress in general, do not hesitate to contact us. Please check the website regularly for update information regarding your studies and our support for you.


What will happen to my student visa if I defer my enrolment?

Commencing students may choose to defer their enrolment.

The student visa will stay in place. However, the deferral process (for commencing students) results in the cancelling of the current Certificate of Enrolment (COE). A new offer from the RTO must be accepted before a new COE is processed.

Students need both a valid COE and visa to gain entry and remain in Australia.

We advise students to check the Visa Entitlement Visa Online (VEVO) system for updated visa details and conditions.


What will happen to my student visa if I take program leave?

Course leave is available for continuing students for approved circumstances.

Because classes are being run online, there should not be a need to apply for leave, however everyone’s circumstances are different and if you do have compassionate and compelling circumstances, leave form your studies for no longer than four (4) weeks will be considered. If leave from our course is granted your Confirmation of Enrolment will remain active, which means there will be no impact on your student visa. You can check your visa status through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).

If you have questions about course leave and your COE and visa, please email


Visa Support

The Department of Home Affairs is implementing a range of visa changes to support International students.

Students who held a student visa on or after 1 February 2020 and have not been able to complete their course within their original visa validity due to the impacts of COVID-19, can apply online through ImmiAccount for their new student visa application.

A help sheet to support students though this process. To view the help sheet, click here 

To submit a valid Student visa application eligible for a nil fee, students must provide a completed Form 1545 COVID-19 Impacted Student  application signed by a representative of ATMC or Baxter Institute.

To request a signed and completed 1545 form, please lodge a Student Services Ticket with categories Application with Forms > 1545 Visa Form

More information: