Do you need English before you can start studying in a VET or higher education course?
English for Academic Purposes (EAP1&2) is specifically designed for students who want to progress to study at Diploma, Advanced Diploma or degree level. Focusing on developing the English abilities needed for successful tertiary study in Australia EAP delivers English in the context of academic learning.
EAP focuses on core subject areas generally found in a tertiary education setting in Australia. These include:
- Academic language,
- Critical analysis,
- Academic orientation and
- Spoken and written genres.
EAP 1 & 2 also teaches academic vocabulary and an understanding of grammar, as well as key English skills required for academic study.
- Reading and research skills with a focus on reading academic texts
- Writing skills with a foucs on producing reports, essays and presentations
- Speaking and pronunciation skills with a focus on giving public presentations and participating in group discussions in English
- Listening skills with a focus on improving understanding of lectures and tutorials
- Critical Thinking Skills to ensure academic and career success