CHC50121 | CRICOS Code 107512J
Do you want to take your career in early childhood education to the next level?
Are you looking to open your own business, manage an early childhood service or lead and develop an early childhood education program? Where the Nationally recognised Certificate III provides the entry level skills and certification you need, the Diploma offers you the opportunity to gain the skills to manage a centre.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care will give you the skills to work as a:
- Authorised supervisor
- Child development worker
- Group team or Room leader
- Early childhood service manager
- Educational leader
- Early childhood educator
- Owner of an early childhood service or family day care
Once you have completed your Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care you can move on to a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
What you will learn
Following on from the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is the nationally recognised Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care during which you’ll learn how to:
- Enhance children’s education and learning with a specific emphasis on play-based learning
- Develop expertise in creating an education curriculum and amazing play spaces for children
- Plan for the inclusion of children with additional needs
- Manage challenging behaviours
- Ensure that all the needs of children in your care are met
- Manage and operate legally, safely, and effectively within the context of an early childhood service.
You also get to take part in a series of electives chosen by your trainers in consultation with our industry partners to ensure that you graduate as a well-rounded Early Childhood practitioner.
The Diploma includes a minumum of 280 hours of practical placement. ATMC has a dedicated Work Placement Officer who will help you source your placement.
ATMC VET delivers out of a brand new state of the art campus located at 470 Bourke St, Melbourne. For students studying early childhood education and care this includes a simulated childcare facility designed to help you get a feel for working in the real world.